Do you manage projects? Do you want to be a Project Manager? Are you working too many hours every week? I'm sure you answered 'yes' to at least one of those questions. And if you did then I'm confident my book is going to help you. So, what's it about? It's broken up into the following chapters:
- Concepts / A brief introduction to Project Management
- Who's Who? - Know the project players
- Risks Management - Ignore this at your own peril
- Chess Playing - You don't get to be the king or the queen
- Project Lifecycle - From dawn 'til dusk
- Communications & Reporting - Too little or too much?
- How to become an accomplished PM - Taking control of the ingredients
- Tips & Tricks - You have to have a tips & tricks chapter!
- In Conclusion
- Real life examples
And as one of the reviewers writes:
"If you are looking to do a great job as a PM and still have a life, get this book. It is written by a very practical project manager for individuals who would like to be more effective and practical in their role as PM. How do I know this? I worked with him for several years on long term international projects with large multinational team. This book accurately reflects what he preached and practiced on the projects and hence my recommendation. I did not decide to write this recommendation as a favor to the author but as a favor to individuals, who can use a really practical guide to managing project and have a life. This author with his approach made it possible for all the team members to have a real work-life balance even on the road. Under him, our team excelled in every area imaginable on a project. I am glad that he decided to put his thoughts into writing so others can benefit from his approach. This would also be a great book for someone starting out as a Project Manager, as well."
So, why not head on over to Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple's bookstore or Smashwords and pick up a copy today. It's $5.99 (also available as a paperback - use code SINK to save an extra 20%). Reading is the gateway to learning. Take it from a professional.