Day six - the fast goes on...
Let's get straight on with the comments:
- Skin - The blotches on my face seem to be getting a little better, although they are definitely still there. I'll have to watch these closely over the next few days
- Energy - My energy was very good yesterday even though I was mostly housebound due to the snowy weather. I definitely seem to have a higher level of energy overall than before the juice fast
- Sleep - I slept really well and awoke very refreshed. No snoring is a real bonus!
- Hunger - I wasn't hungry yesterday and I increased my juice intake a little, especially the fruit juices. This seems to have helped a little. I drank about 70oz of juice during the day and about 80oz of water
- Aches & Pains - None
- Total Pounds Lost - 6.8 (0.8 yesterday)
- General Comments - The best breakfast juice ever! I definitely excelled myself today. This fresh juice was so tasty. Mix together the following: two apples (cored), a wedge of cantaloupe melon (peeled and cored), a handful of each – grapes, berries, strawberries, and the killer ingredient a couple of stems of mint (leaves only). This mix made enough for about 24oz of juice. I could drink this every day!
Why? I feel pretty confident that my body has mostly detoxed now. I am noticing nothing particularly different going on. My senses are still heightened as in previous days and my hunger is totally under control. I think that because I've been eating a mostly vegan diet for the past several months, my body didn't have too much of a detox to go through. Apart from some turkey at Christmas, I have hardly eaten any meat in over four months. 90% of all my meals have been home cooked from fresh ingredients, and I've had no real sugar or extra salt to speak of for a very long time. I don't drink soda, and I stopped drinking coffee before I started my detox. Before that I only drank one cup a day anyway. During the detox I have continued taking my medication and vitamins.
My energy has remained high and my mind sharp. I have felt no fogginess or general aches and pains throughout the fast, and my wife assures me my snoring has all but disappeared - and that has to be a good thing! I would defintely recommend a juice fast to anyone as a way to improve all sorts of things associated with your body. And the great thing about it is you can come back and do it again anytime you want to.
So, tomorrow morning is decision time. Do I call it a day after six days, or do I continue for a few more days? Read on...
Well, it's now Tuesday morning and after a really good night's sleep and weight loss of nearly 1lb, I have decided to continue one more day. This will make it a seven day fast, as opposed to my original aim of a ten day fast. But, I really think I have achieved my objectives and it's time to get eating food on my new lifestyle diet. More tomorrow and final thoughts. Have a great day!
You can read the complete Juice Fast series by clicking the link HERE.