Let's get straight on with the comments:
- Skin - The blotches on my face seem to be a little better, although they are definitely still there. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks they will disappear
- Energy - My energy was still very good yesterday even though I was mostly housebound due to the snowy weather. I definitely seem to have a higher level of energy overall than before the juice fast
- Sleep - I slept really well and awoke very refreshed. No snoring is a real bonus!
- Hunger - I wasn't hungry yesterday and I maintained my juice intake. I drank about 60oz of juice during the day and about 80oz of water
- Aches & Pains - None
- Total Pounds Lost - 6.8 (0.0 yesterday) This was the most disappointing element of yesterday although I had a feeling it would be like this as for some reason my body decided to retain water yesterday
- General Comments - I feel euphoric! Seven days without any food - only fresh fruit and vegetable juice, and some water. Yes, that's been my diet for the past week and it hasn't been too bad at all, to be honest.
The most noticeable thing to me has been my heightened sense of smell and taste. This was something I wasn't expecting at all. As I transition back to real food it will be interesting to see how everything tastes. My body has definitely gone through a detox this past week.
I went shopping today for some food to see me through the next couple of days as I break my fast and start to eat real food again. I even made some fresh coleslaw and hummus this evening and put them in the fridge ready for tomorrow. As I've written before, I want to try and eat as much raw as I can, with only the minimum of cooked or processed food. And the diet will also be 90%+ vegetarian. Wish me luck. I'll report back on that from time to time.
My energy these past few days has also been really good and I have also been sleeping really well, although I have been having quite vivid dreams. But, and this is the best part, my snoring has more orless disappeared altogether. I really want to keep all these great feelings as I move forward, back on my day to day course.
And weight loss? That's been an interesting journey. In some ways I thought that I would lose more than I did, but in other ways I am really pleased to lose the 6.8lbs. When you see other testimonials about losing weight, they always sounds so great. But I have to remember, it's not that I was 100lb overweight when I started. This year in total, I set myself a challenging 26lbs to lose (anything over 16lbs would be wonderful). I had already lost a couple of lbs before I started this fast and so now I only have 17.2lbs to lose over the course of the rest of the year (11 months). And to put that weight loss in perspective, when I reach my weight loss goal I will be the lightest weight I can remember being in over twenty years! I am already nearly at the weight I was when I first arrived in the USA, over sixteen years ago, and I considered myself pretty okay back then! So no, I'm not going to complain about my weight loss.
What does that leave? Not a lot really I guess. I'm definitely going to do this again later in the year, for another reboot, and the journey has definitely taught me a lot about how the body reacts to food. I urge any of you out there reading this to give the juice fast a go. You'll be surprised by the journey.
You can read the complete Juice Fast series by clicking the link HERE.